I recently visited the site of the AIGA, the professional association for design, and found a feature article by its Executive Director Richard Gref� on
How Is AIGA Helping Designers Survive the Recession. Having reviewed a few other professional design organization sites recently, this is notably the only address that I�ve spotted on the site homepage. This piece compelled me to seek other writing that pairs design and the current state of the economy. Here�s what I uncovered:
Among all the encouragement to improve skills, embrace constraints, and adopt goal-setting during these economically sour times, I especially like Andy Rutlege�s
advice to �adopt uncompromising professionalism.� This tenet of honesty and practicing it toward oneself, clients and projects has always been a mainstay of working. It is the best policy in good times and even more crucial in the bad. Rutledge further advises, �Fortune favors the lucky. Luck = preparation + opportunity. Opportunity will likely come knocking. Are you prepared?� Being honest means being ever-prepared for whatever comes your way.
0 Comments