Newspapers / Peri�dicos


When I first moved here, the paper I usually read was El Periodico, because it was a good paper and the articles seemed shorter than in many of the others. Now that my Spanish has improved (or more accurately, �continues to improve�), I read El Pais. This is because I can now get through longer articles and to me it�s more of a national paper than the Catalonian produced El Periodico.


I usually only buy the paper on Sunday. During the week I get my news from the free newspapers distributed outside metro stations. These are: ADN (or DNA in English), Metro, �Que!, and 20 Minutos. Of these ADN is my favorite and seems the most polished. It also has an evening edition, called ADN2. �Que! is wonderfully sensational with bold red headlines, large print and a lot of tabloid-like stories.


These mini-newspapers are great for people who are learning Spanish or Catalan, as side from being free, most of the articles are rather short. (In Barcelona all of these mini-newspapers are bi-lingual, with some articles in Spanish and some in Catalan.)



Copied from original http://myspainblog.wordpress.com/ posting by Carloz on 17 June, 2007

Post a Comment

0 Comments